FocusWriter 1.4.3

User
  • 6.6
  • Not bad
  • 107
Softonic
  • 8
  • Very good
  • Very good
Your rating:
Your rating
  1. 0
License:
Free (GPL) Source code
Language:
English
OS::
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
Latest version:
1.4.3
Last month's downloads:
608
Size:
9.7 MB
Developer:
Developer's website
Close

FocusWriter is fully compatible with:

  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
FocusWriter is also compatible with
Close

Report this software

Thank you! Your feedback will help us make software better for all of us.

Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.

Need to get in touch with us? Click here.

Close

Available languages

  • English
  • Spanish
  • German
  • French
  • Catalan
  • Chinese Simp
  • Czech
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • Finnish
  • Greek
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Swedish
  • Turkish
  • Portuguese
Close

Limitations

Close

Versions of FocusWriter

All versions of FocusWriter
Version License Language O.S.
FocusWriter 1.4.3 08/04/13 Free (GPL) English
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
FocusWriter 1.1 03/02/11 Free (GPL) English
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 2003
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 8
Close

Apps & Games content ratings on Softonic

Content ratings help you understand the type of content you might find in an app or game, so you can decide if they are suitable for you and your family.

What do the ratings actually tell me?

Content ratings describe the minimum age we feel the content is suitable for. It does not indicate that the app was specifically designed for that particular age, or if a certain level of skill is required to play the game or use the app.

Where can I find the content ratings?

You will find the content ratings on every app or game page.

Why are some apps or games unrated?

If an app or game does not have a rating, it means that it has not yet been rated, or it’s been rated and we’re working to update the page.

Rating Systems

Softonic uses the rating systems by PEGI and ESRB. The ratings you see may vary by country or region.

A stripped down, relaxing writing program

Jon Riggall

Pros
  • Add your own background picture
  • Create a a workspace that is comfortable for you
  • No installation required
Cons
  • Will only open and save TXT files
  • No spell check

"The best word processing program ever!"

The best word processing program ever!

99.9% of the time used for writing is simply writing, formating, adding pictures etc is the remaining 0.1% and that can be done in some other program.

Per

Pros
Cons
  • There are some problem to use the proof while you write function, if you don't like to use mouse (as I). F7 key can be used as alternative to right mouse-klick, it does not work without mouse. There seems to be a bug (in the Linux version only?)

Was this review useful?

Views:
55
Date:
04 Feb 2016

What do you think about FocusWriter?

Your avatar
All opinions
Free Download FocusWriter

Top Downloads: Text Editors

  • United States
  • Global
Sponsored
  1. A stripped down, relaxing writing program

Articles FocusWriter

Discover alternatives to and add-ons for FocusWriter

Alternatives to FocusWriter

FocusWriter FocusWriter

Softonic
  • 8
  • 8
User
  • 6.6
  • 6.6
Download

Addons for FocusWriter

  • FocusWriter doesn’t have any addons yet. Would you recommend any to us? Tell us